The Amity and Woodbridge Historical Society is headquartered at 1907 Litchfield Turnpike, Woodbridge, Connecticut 06525, at the Historic Thomas Darling House.
The Thomas Darling House is open throughout the year with events and by appointment. Please note that the fastest way to reach us is via email.
Built for Thomas Darling (1720-1789) between 1772 and 1774, this highly significant Colonial Cape is historically important for its extended association with the Darling family and its preservation as a house museum by the Amity and Woodbridge Historical Society.* Added significance is derived from its well-preserved historic agrarian setting, which contains fine barns and other outbuildings.
The Darling House Museum is open several times during the year by way of significant events. It is available for tours anytime! School and group tours are encouraged and may be booked by special arrangement by e-mail or phone 203-768-1029. The archives are currently unavailable while we begin a long range plan of organization. As soon as some order is achieved, they will be available by appointment! Special exhibits are on display in the Woodbridge Public Library and in the Darling Museum during the summer season.
From either direction on the Wilbur Cross Parkway (Route 15) take Exit 59 for the Litchfield Turnpike (Route 69). At the end of the ramp take a left, and stay on Route 69 for 2.7 miles. The Darling House will be on the right (see the picture on the main page for an idea of what it looks like). After passing the house and shed, there is an entrance for a large parking lot on the right. The Museum entrance is located at the back of the Darling House.