Please visit Town History.org for more information about the people who settled, worked and called Woodbridge home. Town History tells the story of the land & settlement of Woodbridge, Connecticut
Simon Donato writes on the topic of the History of the Woodbridge Flats in the West River Valley.
View Woodbridge Hills a book written in 1911 by the Woodbridge Civic Association.
The Cement Kiln, on the corner of Litchfield Turnpike and Dillon Road in Woodbridge, was constructed circa 1874. It also became the third property in Woodbridge to be listed on The National Register of Historic Places, in October 2000. The other two Historic Places in Woodbridge are the Thomas Darling House on Litchfield Turnpike, and the Castle/Russell House, located at 555 Amity Road.
Built about 1876, it is still a major landmark in town as a rare example of 19th century industry and intrigue. In the AWHS collection we have a scan from a postcard circa 1910. The kiln is not in nearly as good condition now! The right side is mostly destroyed, and trees have grown all around and on what remains. We aren’t quite sure what to do next!